Re: tlug-digest V1 #48

On Fri, 29 Sep 1995, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Alberto> I'm considering purchasing a removable storage device for
>     Alberto> my system by the end of the year. Iomega announced a
>     Alberto> 1Gbyte hard-disk cartridge (US$500 for the drive, US$60
>     Alberto> for a 540Mb media, US$?? for a 1Gb media), to be put in
>     Alberto> the market in the next few months. But this info is from
>     Alberto> their press release, and if I find all this to be
>     Alberto> vaporware, I intend to go the MO way.

Is this the Zip drive by Iomega?  I saw some at Platform and at
Laox two days ago.  I did not take a good look at it because I
wasn't interested at the time.  I seem to remember that it was
cheaper than 50,000 yen.  This could be a different product.

Regards,
Craig

		     Craig Oda   craig@example.com
     * No Sign-Up Fee * 5,000 yen/month PPP and shell flat rate *
              *   Includes 64Kbps dialup ISDN access   *
     phone: +81-3-3351-5977   fax: 81-3353-6096   http://www.twics.com
     Twics / IEC Building / 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 Japan