Re: tlug-digest V1 #48

In message <199509281812.DAA21603@example.com> you wrote:
 > From: turnbull@example.com (Stephen J. Turnbull)
 > Date: Thu, 28 Sep 95 16:11 JST
 > Subject: Re: New User setup - need advice

	[...]

 > Is your MO a SCSI?  Let me know if Linux finds it.  Linux can't ever
 > seem to find my Fujitsu 230MB MO on the AMI Fast SCSI-2 host.  :-(
 > Unless I configure the MO as a hard drive.  :-(

I'm considering purchasing a removable storage device for my system by
the end of the year. Iomega announced a 1Gbyte hard-disk cartridge
(US$500 for the drive, US$60 for a 540Mb media, US$?? for a 1Gb media),
to be put in the market in the next few months. But this info is from
their press release, and if I find all this to be vaporware, I intend
to go the MO way.

Well, that was only to introduce my interest in MO disks. Now, please,
tell me: what's the difference between mounting a partition from a MO disk
and mounting from a hard-drive? I couldn't get what you mean with configuring
the MO as a hard-drive.

-tomita.