AUC-tex and \index

Hi all,

	I recently installed AUC-tex and it is pretty nice.  One
problem I've run into, though, is regarding making an index.  I use
the command \index{} to add index entries, which is fine, but when I
use AUX-tex's formatting commands to format the paragraph/section/etc,
it does not handle \index{} entries very well.  What'd I'd like to
have is something like:

This is a sentence, and now I wan to add an index entry for
	\index{the next words, as in index entry}%
the next words.

The indention on the \index entries makes the text readable.  The
problem is that if I do the above with AUC-tex and the format the
paragraph it will do this:

This is a sentence, and now I wan to add an index entry for
	\index{the next words, as in index entry}%
	the next words.

So if there are setences after the ending above, they will all be
indented, I don't want this.

Any ideas on this?

Also, does anyone know how to hide \index{...} entries using the
outline abilities?  I can do this for sections and stuff, but I can't
figure out a way to do it for indices.

While I'm at it, has anyone every done anything with glossaries?  I've
been creating mine by hand.  This works pretty well because I can
alphabetize them with emacs' sort-paragraph command.  It'd be nice if
I could have it included in the document more easily, though.

	See ya,

FORE Systems Japan, Inc.			     3-1-4 Nishi-Shinjuku
Rainer Mager - Systems Engineer		     Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 Japan
TEL:  81-3-3346-2781		rvm@example.com	     FAX:  81-3-3346-2782