Slackware 2.3 CD-ROM

Puratofomu in Akihabara now has the July 1995 release of Walnut
Creek's v2.3 Slackware 2 CD-ROM set.

  Puratofomu
  tel: 3251-7611   fax: 3255-9506
   Mitsuwa Building 4th floor
   1-11-4 Kanda

I also picked up an 810 meg hard disk for 24,500 yen.  Right now there
is 810 megs in elsie with no DOS partition  :-)   and about 530 megs in
cow.  I brought up my Apato Area Lan and am now sucking down my home
directory and stuff over the ethernet.  :-)

I've noticed that it takes a while for the login prompt to appear when
I telnet over the ethernet.  Has anyone else seen this?  The general
throughput seems okay.  Hey, even g++ works now....   One thing I noticed
is that TeX got humongous...  I didn't really want those Klingon fonts..
;-)

A lot of things seem much cleaner.  Just to be safe, I made the root
partition 1024 sectors.. (or was that cylinders??)..   Is there
any problem with going over 1024 on the root partition?

     Craig Oda      12 40 82 A8 DF DD DD 30  BB 0E 26 22 E0 D8 F2 87
     craig@example.com      Public Key: finger craig@example.com
     phone: +81-3-3351-5977                   fax: 81-3353-6096
     Twics / IEC Building / 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 Japan
     Now accepting resumes by postal mail.  CS or engineering degree required.
     send me e-mail for additional requirements.