[LINUX:141]

I upgraded to kernel 1.1.50 on both my 386 and 486.  I can get the
ethernet to work, but it is still unstable.  It is either the
Cyrix microprocessor or the BOCA ethernet cards.  The ethernet cards
cost me $35 and are of suspect quality.  However, as I do get
system crashes under X-Windows when I am not using the network,
I suspect that the instability is due to something else.
I got doom to run over the ethernet.  I opened up the remote
session with xterm -display   so I could use one monitor for my
two x-terminal DOOM sessions.  I tested it with anishi over the
modem with PPP protocol and we ran into packet over-run problems.
We did not see this problem yesterday.

On a different DOOM-related note, when I upgraded from version
1.1.47 to 1.1.50, I noticed that DOOM faster.  Upon investigation,
I found that some program was taking all my available ram not
not releasing it back.  I seem to have solved this problem with
.50.

I am not sure if the patch upgrade and return of ram are related,
but I am happy now.