Re: [tlug] TLUG is 30

I think I must have joined fairly early. I probably read about it in sci.llang.japan or fj.lang-in.japan.

Jim

On Sun, 16 Jun. 2024, 12:44 pm David J Iannucci, <jlinux@example.com> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 15, 2024, at 19:30, Jim Tittsler wrote:
> By one measure, TLUG turns 30 today.  We started the group on TWICS on
> 16 Jun 1994.

🎉🎉🎉

Maaa, 懐かしい、懐かしい。I was at 朝日パソコンネット at that time...
then a BBS focused on the literary world, but which would soon evolve
into the ISP ASAHI Net, and remember that I was using TWICS, but have no
memory of what it was like at all. But this name alone evokes a strong
懐かしい feeling. I suppose that's probably how I found out about TLUG, but
again... no clear memories. Shame. lol :=)

Jim if you, or if anyone, has screenshots of TWICS, please share!

Dave

Home | Main Index | Thread Index