Re: [tlug] Dealing with software with wide attack surface

On Mon, Sep 06, 2021 at 02:54:57AM +0900, Curt J. Sampson wrote:
> On 2021-09-05 12:23 +0200 (Sun), Christian Horn wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 12:19:44AM +0900, Curt J. Sampson wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, ideally I simply don't use it. You're wanting a web site: those
> > > should be statically generated to the greatest degree possible. If you can
> > > do this, you mostly don't even have your own servers serving any
> > > information to the general public. That said, I'm guessing this is an
> > > option that is too much work for you to pursue in this case, so I'll
> > > continue on with some of the other stuff being discussed here.
> >
> > Yes, below a certain amount of traffic (or extra low latency re-
> > quirements) that is probably just overhead.
>
> I'm not clear on what you mean by saying  that for low-traffic sites
> "static site generation is probably just overhead," if that's indeed what
> you're saying. But if it's anything along the lines of "smaller sites don't
> need this," that's wrong. [..]

Ah, I had read your part as a recommendation to host parts of my
site at other systems, i.e. a CDN.  That would be management over-
head for my site.
My content is statically generated where possible, for example with
fgallery for images, and hugo for the blog.

Chris

Home | Main Index | Thread Index