Re: [tlug] Call for presenters for September 11th

Edward Middleton <edward.middleton@example.com> wrote:
> Please also reply if there are things you would like to
> hear talks on.

A) I would like to learn about CUDA/OpenCL/Khronos libraries and how to
build software for GPU processing.

For example, bitcracker [1] for BitLocker recovery password cracking. :-)
I managed to somehow build a CUDA version after buying a NVidia card,
but what library can I use for OpenCL?
Is there OpenCL library/driver for Intel graphics chips?

B) Random number generators.
Currently using python random library to generate candidate passwords.
Should one care about the randomness and uniformity of distribution?

[1] https://github.com/e-ago/bitcracker

Cheers,
jimb.

--