Re: [tlug] Recent conversation on devel@fedoraproject

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 04:27:27PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Submitted with a sigh of relief. :-)
>
> Peter Hutterer writes:
>  > On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 06:25:21PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>  > > Peter Hutterer writes:
>  > >
>  > >  > Now that the XorgUtilityDeaggregation [1] is complete, I'm planning to
>  > >  > retire a set of old X utilities that I think don't need to be in Fedora:

>  > >  > xbiff

On rare occasions, I still use this. However, only on my main desktop,
which for the past several years has been FreeBSD rather than Fedora.

At my old job, (from 2007-2013) I used gbuffy, a nice variant of xbiff that
handled multiple mailboxes, but sadly, I don't think it's maintained
anymore.  And realistically speaking, I suspect that most people who watch
mail use some sort of watcher that can handle multiple mailboxes, though I
don't know of one off the top of my head for mutt and neomutt.

But as Stephen says, it does make one nostalgic.
And I look at my saved .Xdefaults that I use whenever I set up a new
machine and see I still have, commented out, a couple of xbiff entries.

Farewell Biff. :-(

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6