[tlug] OT: Mobile App and Internal Tools Developer

(Please contact me off list regarding this job position)

Sorry to bother the list, but we're a company in Saitama that has an immediate
opening for a computer programmer who would be responsible for developing
and maintaining our iOS and Android applications, and for developing internal
tools used for desktop publishing. The ideal candidate should have over three
years of experience with Objective-C, Java, and Python, and at least two years
of experience with Javascript. Business-level English is required, and you
need to be able to work independently and proactively and capable of managing
multiple projects and priorities.

Please note: This position is in Saitama. Only applicants living in Japan (and
willing to relocate if not nearby) will be considered. Working remotely is not
a possibility. Note that full-time is desirable but part-time might be possible.
Compensation is negotiable.

[Job Description]

You will be responsible for maintaining our currently published iOS and mobile
apps, and developing and delivering new mobile apps. You will need to
collaborate in the design of new apps, as well as with the data teams in
preparing data for the apps. You will also perform QA and supervise testers.
In addition to our mobile app projects, you will also be responsible for
collaborating in defining data interchange formats, and maintaining, expanding
and improving our semi-automated bookmaking process. You will also need
to collaborate in designing dictionary entry layouts, and create stylesheets
from designs.

Required Skills:
- 3+ years Objective-C experience on iOS
- experience with scripting languages (Python)
- experience with established codebases
- released apps on app store
- business-level English
- able to work independently and proactively
- capable of managing multiple priorities
- positive attitude towards learning new skills

Desired skills:
- experience with Java on Android
- worked with WebView, HTML and CSS
- experience with integrating 3rd party libraries
- familiar with the Unicode standard
- experience in a unix-like environment
- networking and API
- basic dev-ops abilities (Ansible)
- app backend maintenance (Javascript, Node.js)
- version control with git

Regards, Jack Halpern
CEO, The CJK Dictionary Institute, Inc.