Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Bash question
- Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 12:05:52 -1000
- From: "David J Iannucci" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Bash question
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAKXLc7dQ7xhA76d3Hwn46qFYW++s+_h45srSVis1RSL0XEj68w@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <20190919064202.GB17901@fluxcoil.net>
- User-agent: Cyrus-JMAP/3.1.7-360-g7dda896-fmstable-20191004v2
Took a while to follow this up.... On Wed, Sep 18, 2019, at 21:20, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote: > You may be out of luck, it is an old PITA issue apparently. A quick > search turned out this thread that might be helpful: > https://github.com/symless/synergy-core/issues/4152 See around > https://github.com/symless/synergy-core/issues/4152#issuecomment-173440208 Just to note that these issues seem to be something different from my problem, which is that only Ctrl-C doesn't work. Other control combinations (like Ctrl-Z and Ctrl-D) do. On Wed, Sep 18, 2019, at 20:42, Christian Horn wrote: > Not sure if it was in the thread, something else to try out would be > to create a new user on the system and try with that user. New sets of > configfiles are copied from /etc/skel to new user home- directories, > so if there is an issue within these files then the new user would > also have the issue. So I finally tried this, and found that the new user also shares the problem! But to add another dimension to this... the interested reader may recall that this only happened on my one RHEL7 box, but not on my RHEL6 boxes. Well... now I have two more freshly created RHEL7 boxes (from the same hosting provider, of course). And as you might guess.... no Ctrl-C problem on the new ones. Sigh. So I'll open a support ticket and see what RH support can do for me... (and letchall know the result :=) Dave
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Move the OS to a different partition?
- Next by Date: [tlug] Call for presenters - November
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Move the OS to a different partition?
- Next by thread: [tlug] Call for presenters - November
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links