Re: [tlug] Bash question

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 06:48:53PM -1000, David J Iannucci wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2019, at 19:08, Christian Horn wrote:
>
> > You could also open a support case, that is part of what your employer
> > pays money for :)
>
> Good idea :=) Actually the license is held by my university and I might
> need to go through our ITS office to do that, and it would be a pain, so
> leaving that till last resort...

In case the pain would come from a back-and-forth of messages between
your departments: that should not happen.  You should ask them to create
a new RHN-user for you, which you would then use to open the case.  They
would then see cases you open, but you would directly communicate with
Red Hat.

Not sure if it was in the thread, something else to try out would be
to create a new user on the system and try with that user.
New sets of configfiles are copied from /etc/skel to new user home-
directories, so if there is an issue within these files then the new
user would also have the issue.
If the new user does not have the issue, then likely some modification
in the environment files of your normal user is causing the issue.

Chris