Re: [tlug] Hakyll or other static site generators at TLUG

>> I think I've mentioned this before, but I've been wanting to run a
>> workshop on building static and JAMStack[1] websites with Hakyll[2]
>> and deploying them to Netlify[3] (and maybe GitHub Pages, too). A
>
> I've been doing this with Gatsby, and do enjoy how easy Netlify makes
> things.  I find it hard to believe their free tier is sustainable, but
> don't mind using it while it lasts.

I also built a fairly simple page based on Gatsby last year.

I loved the way doing a git commit and push automatically pushes to the
live server; which, as you say, is being hosted for free.

I found there was a bit of learning curve (well, more the effort
deciding the best starting design package), and then hard to customize.
Adding a comments form was not as trivial as I would have hoped.

Darren