[tlug] EE question (was: VPN?)

Before I start, let me say thanks to those who responded to my question
about VPNs recently. Frankly I was a bit surprised by the view that VPNs
are superfluous for security purposes, and that TLS/https is all you
really need. Recall that my primary security-related desire for the VPN
comes from using it on my iPhone more than on PC-class machines. Still,
I'll make a Pascalesque wager, even if I have to pay a few $ a month,
that it buys me some extra security even if not everyone agrees :=)
I ended up renewing PIA. I'm sure I'm breaking some ML protocol by
following up this way rather than in the original thread, but I really
don't have time or desire to continue with the topic and am expecting it
to die here, and just wanted to acknowledge the responses, so....

On another note... a question for the EEs in the audience.

I've recently acquired a sweet little "tiny form-factor" PC that I'm
looking forward to throwing some distro on and playing with. I got it
really cheap at a thrift shop and it didn't come with a PS. It
apparently takes a laptop-style PS, and the specs are 19V @3.42A. As it
turns out, I have one in my junk box that seems to fit the bill but the
specs are 18.5V @<something >= 3.42A, can't recall now>.

Should I worry about this thing being rated 0.5V below the machine? It's
only 2.6% off, which (based on what I can see from googling) is probably
within the expected tolerance for such equipment. What's the worst that
could happen from undervoltage?

Thanks,
Dave