Re: [tlug] Copyleft Terms May Become Unenforceable in 11 Countries under CPTPP

On 15 June 2018 at 14:49, Stephen J. Turnbull
<turnbull.stephen.fw@example.com> wrote:

> The LJ article is complete FUD.  "None of this works that way."

I got the same impression when I read the OSIA press release
and submission to the Australian Senate enquiry into the TPP. In
fact I found the latter a bit embarrassing. I felt if that was the
best the local FOSS cheers squad could do, it would be better if they
kept quiet.

There are some serious concerns in Oz about the TPP, mainly
around the ISDS provisions. The government will probably ratify it
(it's an executive action here, and doesn't require parliamentary approval.

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University