Re: [tlug] 3D printing in Tokyo/Japan

On Mon, May 07, 2018 at 09:33:48PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:

> [Tokyo Hackerspace][THS] has a couple of 3D printers, and even does
> [workshops] on them. I don't know when the next workshop will be, but
> you could always try just dropping by on a Tuesday evening and
> proposing a donation in exchange for someone helping you out with a
> print. :-)
>
> [THS]: https://www.tokyohackerspace.org/en
> [workshops]: https://www.meetup.com/TokyoHackerSpace/events/248056615/

Thanks Curt, I had wondered about THS indeed.  Was not sure if people
occasionally drop buy to get things printed.

> That aside, there a number of cafés with 3D printers now, too.

Cafes?  Interesting, need to look that up.  In contrast to printing
i.e. pictures, 3D printing still needs much more tuning of the model
and background knowledge, I think.  So rather not for people just
handing over a file to the machine and getting the perfect print out.

Chris