Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 15:32:47 +0900
- From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [tlug] email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Stefan A. writes: > information on Linux compatibility for the brands available > in Japan (usually Buffalo, IO-Data, Pioneer). I don't use the pocket-sized external hard drives, if that's what you mean, and I've never had trouble finding 5-1/4" WD, Seagate, etc drives here (Amazon carries a wide variety). Pioneer CD drives and Buffalo optical drives (CD, DVD, BD) have always worked fine with my Linux boxes. However, I had occasional bad luck writing DVDs with Buffalo drives on all OSes (could be media, though). Don't have much experience with the Buffalo BRXL-16 BD drives yet, in any writing mode or OS (just upgraded recently). > I was wondering if this is something one still needs to worry > about? I wouldn't think so. I'd be more worried about compatibility with the media.
- [tlug] email@example.com
- From: Stefan A.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] Disposing of hard drives
- Next by Date: [tlug] Triggering Automated Test Runs
- Previous by thread: [tlug] firstname.lastname@example.org
- Next by thread: [tlug] Disposing of hard drives
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links