Re: [tlug] Chrome ate my profile

On 2018-04-06 13:53 +0900 (Fri), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> They *are* commits.  They're just on a branch that is used only by
> this function, which function is invoked by XEmacs automatically every
> time I save.

I seem to hear you saying you generate a new commit every time you
save. I have no idea how that could work. It's not at all like my
workflow.

I usually save every few to few dozen seconds[1], but commit only
every few mintues to few tens of minutes. After an hour or two working
I'm likely to have a half dozen to dozen commits to coalesece into
1-3, and sorting them into bugfixes, refactorings and new work is easy
since they all have commit messages, even if just at the level of what
I produce in ten seconds while distracted ("Maybe fixed that other
thing that Joe said").

Having a hundred commits with no messages to sort through would be a
nightmare for me. But I'm probably missing something here.

[1]: These days it's often to trigger a test run, though there's also
a hold-over reflex from an ancient unreliable VAX.

cjs
--
Curt J. Sampson      <cjs@example.com>      +81 90 7737 2974

To iterate is human, to recurse divine.