Re: [tlug] Iptables trouble

> > :INPUT DROP [150:10296]
> > :FORWARD DROP [0:0]
> > :OUTPUT ACCEPT [42178:3090645]
>
> What do the numbers in square brackets mean? I can't recall ever
> having set them.

Thanks everyone for the very helpful responses. Working on it....

Darren, I believe those are counters of the number of packets processed
by those rules (this is output by iptables-save), although when I tried
to confirm that once by sending some packets through, the counters
didn't get incremented as I expected, but... whatever :=)  I'm pretty
sure you can submit rules to iptables with those bracketed bits included
and they'll be ignored.

Dave