Re: [tlug] TLUG Bonenkai -- Suggestion

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Three suitable rental-spaces are available:

(1) Garden Kitchen, Gyoenmae, seats 20, fee 25000 JPY (17-22h)

currently available in December: 5th, 18th, 25th, 26th, 28th to 31st.

(2) Garden Kitchen East, Gyoenmae, seats 14, fee 22000 JPY (17-22h)

currently available in December: 7th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 25th, 26th, 28th to 31st.

(3) RS Ebisu, Ebisu Nishi, seats 14, fee 28000 JPY (18-23h)

currently available in December: 4th, 5th, 6th, 10th to 13th, 17th to 21st, 23rd to 29th.

From the floor plans I gather that it would be possible to squeeze in 2-4 more people if we could bring along a camping table and folding chairs. Somebody please comment if you have one, just in case.

Menu and food ingredients can be customised up and down depending on the available budget. It is quite feasible to prepare a nice multi-course menu for seven on a shoestring budget of 10000+ JPY if one cuts down on the amount of expensive ingredients like meat, charcuterie and seafood. The bulk is mostly flour, eggs, potatoes, canned tomatoes, shredded cheese, margarine, all items that aren't expensive.

The main expenses are the rental and drinks.

I therefore suggest we plan on the basis of an absolute minimum scenario:

- seven participants, 5000-5500* JPY per person, no drinks, thus BYO

* applies to a minimum scenario at location #3 to cover the higher rental fee.

As more people sign up beyond the minimum we can buy more and more drinks and more meat/charcuterie/seafood for a fancier menu.

As for the dates, from the feedback on the list, it seems the most popular is the week from Monday 11th to Sunday the 17th. Why don't we aim for Tue 12th and Wed 13th as tentative dates? At present there is availability for those at locations #2 and #3.

Is everyone alright with those dates? Edward, what about you? And anybody who hasn't commented yet but would be interested, please comment, thanks.

regards
benjamin