Re: [tlug] Access X11 app over the Internet

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 09:24:15AM +0900, Jim Tittsler wrote:
> It has been a while since I needed to use an X11 application remotely.
> Years ago I used VNC through an SSH tunnel, and then later NoMachine.
> What is the current best practice for a primarily text and occasional
> graph based application?

NoMachine was difficult to install, VNC was and is something like the
'golden standard' if also graphic application are required.

The one newcomer in the last years is the 'spice' protocol, said to be
more efficient/fluently to operate than VNC.  I have not looked into
accessing full desktops with it, just using it to access KVM guests.

Chris