Re: [tlug] Skype or Something Better?

On 2017-03-06 16:18 +0900 (Mon), Curt Sampson wrote:

> I've spent the past couple of weeks trying out Signal as a replacement
> for Telegram. It's better than it was last time I tried this, though
> it still has issues.

Some of which can be quite annoying, as it turns out. Your Signal
identity is tied not just to your phone number, but to your actual
phone. Take out your SIM card, put it in another phone, and you cannot
use it until you re-register, which destroys all your previous
identities. You will lose all conversation history and have to re-do
your out-of-band authentication with everyone you were talking to.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs@example.com>         +81 90 7737 2974

To iterate is human, to recurse divine.