Re: [tlug] Any Finance Types?

There are open source XBRL parsers in Java and Python.

http://www.xbrlapi.org/

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-xbrl

On 14 November 2016 at 17:17, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
Debian Jessie 8.5 user.

Anyone using a reader / parser that runs in Debian to read / review --
but not manipulate -- XBRL files?  The only thing I've been able to find
is Visor, which runs on WIN and has an extremely painful price tag
several times the monetary value of the current project.

I have been tasked with reviewing and doing a quick and dirty analysis /
commentary on a set of annual + quarterly corporate financial reports
for three recent fiscal years (four quarterlies and one annual per
year).  They were delivered to me as .zip files consisting of five
individual .zip files that each contain one report in XBRL.  One report
seems to be a collection of separate files under a .csv header file that
has lower trees filled with .xls, .xlr, and .html files that get loaded
into ... something ... which then turns pretty on screen.  Running the
.csv file by itself gives a page full of mojibake.

I can use Excel / LibreOffice Calc to examine the taxonomy extensions,
because that's one way they get created.  But, I can't see the final
report in Calc, Math, or Database.  I've searched online for other
readers, but get zero hits in five different search engines.  When I do
these reviews for Japanese companies, I get the reports as .pdf but
foreign corporations seem to dig passing around raw data.