[tlug] Finance regulators to recognize Bitcoin as "money"

Nikkei reports that the Ministry of Finance and its Financial
Regulatory Commission (sp?) have decided that virtual money is a
"payment instrument" and not a consumption commodity.  I suspect there
are other implications to this, but for now it means that Bitcoin and
other such block-chain assets will not be subject to consumption tax,
reducing administrative burden on dealers and costs for buyers.  The
elimination of the tax obligation is expected in Spring 2017.

I still don't understand the theory of value for Bitcoin.  AFAICS it's
a pure bubble.

For reference, here's the Nikkei blurb:
http://mx4.nikkei.com/?4_--_56026_--_405339_--_60

Steve