Re: [tlug] precious memories

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 02:15:37PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> steve writes:
>
>  > This is a phish, right??
>
> The list of addressees pretty much guarantees it is.
>
> You'd think crooks would try a little harder, but I've discovered (now
> that various innocents around me have discovered I have a clue, and
> ask me for advice) that a lot of people fall for mail addressed to
> more than a dozen of unknown others....  Apparently there's no need to
> try harder.

It seems to me that I've read somewhere--long enough ago so that I don't
remember if it was a reasonable source or just someone on the
Internet--that spammers, scammers, and the like set their sights low,
figuring that this way, those who do bite are probably going to be easy
targets.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6