Re: [tlug] Best communications-enabled, efficient visit

On 16 June 2016 at 20:28, Darren Cook wrote:

A dual-sim, sim-free phone gives you the best of both :-)

Darren, it certainly saves you the hassle of fiddling with tiny SIMs when you want to switch between them, but last time I checked, there were no dual-transceiver phones that would allow you to have both SIMs signed in to a network concurrently. You had to switch between them. While one SIM was signed in, the other was not.

Unless this has changed and there are now dual-transceiver phones available, you would have to regularly switch between the two SIMs to check the other account and if you had a missed call on the inactive SIM you wouldn't necessarily see it as a missed call even later when you switch to that SIM. Even if the phone was able to tell you about a missed call while the SIM was inactive, you would not be able to react to it until you actually switched.

But if you are telling me there are dual-transceiver smart phones on the market now, I will certainly check those out next time I need to replace any of the phones I have.