Re: [tlug] Install languages

Thank you!
On 2015/10/28 21:28, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Thomas Blasejewicz writes:

  >   language-pack-gnome-ja : Depends: language-pack-gnome-ja-base (>=
  > 1:14.04+20150804) but it is not going to be installed
  >   language-pack-ja : Depends: language-pack-ja-base (>=
  > 1:14.04+20150804) but it is not going to be installed

     sudo apt-get update

to try to get the package system itself into a consistent state,

     sudo apt-get upgrade

to try to get the installed system into a consistent state, then

     sudo apt-get check

If that doesn't complain,
After executing these three commands I get not "complaints", but

     sudo apt-get install language-pack-gnome-ja-base language-pack-ja-base

which should either work, or give you a more precise error message,
I get
sudo apt-get install language-pack-gnome-ja-base language-pack-ja-base
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

language-pack-gnome-ja-base : Depends: language-pack-gnome-ja (>= 1:14.04+20140410) but it is not going to be installed language-pack-ja-base : Depends: language-pack-ja (>= 1:14.04+20140410) but it is not going to be installed

This is not a DIFFERENT package.

and then

     sudo apt-get install language-pack-gnome-ja language-pack-ja

If that doesn't succeed, besides any messages from the various stages,
this gives:
sudo apt-get install language-pack-gnome-jp language-pack-gnome-jp
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package language-pack-gnome-jp
E: Unable to locate package la,,nguage-pack-gnome-jp

dpkg -s language-pack{-gnome,}-ja{-base,}

And this finally:
dpkg -s language-pack{-gnome,}-ja{-base,}
dpkg-query: package 'language-pack-gnome-ja-base' is not installed and no information is available

dpkg-query: package 'language-pack-gnome-ja' is not installed and no information is available

dpkg-query: package 'language-pack-ja-base' is not installed and no information is available

dpkg-query: package 'language-pack-ja' is not installed and no information is available
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.

I could not make these last two commands work.

So, there seems to be something missing.
And the computer apparently refuses to install that missing part ...

LibreOffice - after removing and then reinstalling it, the problem(s) seem to be gone (hopefully).