Re: [tlug] [OT] Flame Warriors

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 11:56:30AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Benjamin Tayehanpour writes:
>
>  > > CAUTION: ANYONE can become a Fanboy, but the warning signs of an
>  > > emerging Fanboy are subtle and easily overlooked. For example,
>  > > are you a little hasty to defend Linux?
>  >
>  > Not sure whether or not to feel addressed here. :-)
>
> If not sure, you were *definitely* addressed.  Now, just answer the
> question! ;-)

With NO relation to Benjamin, that one did make me think of something I saw
on cracked.com recently.  Firstly, I must admit it's confirmation bias on
my part, I've always felt that anti MS stuff on the part of Linux (or even
Mac) users is a bit like a little dog barking at a big one.

Anyway, to quote the frequently interesting cracked.com

"All these names do is remove any chance of rational debate. When someone
types "Micro$oft", they've announced that their position is so utterly
unchangeable by thought that it's started changing other parts of their
brain around itself."
The entire article is can be found here.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-tips-angry-internet-commenters/

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6