Re: [tlug] Connecting wifi to cable internet?

On 28 September 2014 10:19, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
The mission I accepted was: "Give the in-laws wifi". It should be as
easy as plugging in my Buffalo wifi router into the single LAN socket on
the back of the Saitama Cable Network box, cycle the power and good to go?

Nope.

Maybe stating the obvious here but if you just set your laptop to use DHCP on a wired cable and plug it directly into the Saitama Cable Network box, does that give you a normal internet service on your laptop?

If it does, I'd try doing a factory reset on the wifi router, power cycle everything and start again, making sure that you're actually connected via the DHCP address the wifi router gives you.

If it doesn't, forget about the wifi and call Saitama Cable Network to tell them your in-laws' internet is broken.

Edmund Edgar
Founder, Social Minds Inc (KK)
Twitter: @edmundedgar
Linked In: edmundedgar