Re: [tlug] Happy hacking keyboard

On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 01:31:58PM +0900, Tod McQuillin wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Aug 2014, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>
> > What does the pro version have in its favor, anyway?  I've used the
> > lite version happily for a decade now.
>
> Use one for a while and you'll know -- the key feel is totally different,
> and much less "clackity" (especially the Type S).
>
> The key switches are higher quality and you can feel it in the movement.
> I've been using the HHKB Pro 2 keyboards since they first came out and I
> haven't ever looked back.

I'm still considering.  However, as I don't do development, I'm thinking it
may be overkill for me. I'm currently using a chicklet style, both at work
and home.   Home is a logitech solar powered--and kudos to them, I ran into
a battery not keeping power issue with the first one I bought, and they
sent me a replacement, telling me I could keep the semi-defective one.
Work is a $10 Amazon basic.  I've gotten fairly used to the chicklet too.

I probably do more typing at work, and one of the bosses is slightly
interested, so we're seeing if we can talk one of them into it.  :)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6