Re: [tlug] [CFP] Call for presenters - July 26 Technical Meeting

On Sun, Jun 08, 2014 at 06:51:17PM +0900, A.Tomita wrote:
> our next Technical Meeting will be held on July 26 (Saturday)
> at KDDI Web.
>
> if you are working on any personal or professional project, or
> just have anything interesting you'd like to present, please
> let us know!

I could offer these:

- "i18n on Linux, taking Japanese as example"

  Basically a collection of the topics around Linux/Japanese that
  I encountered, unicode, encodings, japanese input etc.
  For audience in Germany this was not much known, for tlug au-
  dience this is probably not interesting.
  Presenting this at tlug, it would be more a "lets together talk
  about this or that topic around i18n/Japanese", I guess.

- I work at Red Hat, and could present slides that were created
  for the previous Red Hat summit.  I am in support and have a
  rather wide than deep knowledge, but these slides have probably
  a good overview on the state of things.  Might also be good to
  hear the terms and spin up discussions about the topics.
  http://www.redhat.com/summit/2014/presentations/ has the slides,
  topics which could be interesting:

  "Interoperability update: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 beta
	& Microsoft Windows"
  "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 beta file systems: New scale, speed,
	& features"
  "Performance analysis & tuning of Red Hat Enterprise Linux"
	(That is amazingly much material, ~150 slides, much be
	skipped with time in mind)
  "Red Hat Enterprise Linux roadmap"
	(Also much, 107 slides.  But an excellent chance to hear
	what technology is available on RHEL7)

"i18n on Linux" and "RHEL roadmap" are the most interesting to
me from the above.
Slides to all of the above are already on the net.

Chris