[tlug] Luxstack in Harajuku [was 3d printing]

On 7 June 2014 00:31, [SCA] SCHWARTZ, Fernando G. / Schwartz Consultores Associados Ltda. <fgs@example.com> wrote:

Could you offer an insight beyond website talk? How exactly they work? You walk in with some sort of good idea (or a solid business plan for that matter) and they "connect" you, very broadly speaking. Are they tech specific?

My interest goes (way beyond) 3-D printing. Very looking forward to any comments.

I'm afraid I don't know much about their model, except that the have a nice space in Harajuku, that they have a 3D printer sitting around waiting for somebody to 3D-print something on it and that Jon is a generally friendly guy, so I figured Simon could just say to him, "Hi, I'm Simon Cozens, you may have heard of me because I'm pretty big in Perl, mind I pop in and play with your 3D printer" Jon would probably say, "Yeah, sure, come on over".

I just went there once for this Tokyo DECENTRALISE hackathon:
http://www.meetup.com/Tokyo-DECENTRALISE/
If you'd been noticing that the internet was looking particularly decentralized lately then that was us - we didn't just sit around eating sushi and failing to set up one of those bitmessage "chan" chatrooms, oh no.

Anyway I suggest you start by talking to Jon. Also I'll let him know about this thread in case he wants to reply to the list about what they do.

Edmund Edgar
Founder, Social Minds Inc (KK)
Twitter: @edmundedgar
Linked In: edmundedgar