Re: [tlug] sudden dnssec errors for .jp domains

On 05/16/2014 05:26 PM, nigel barker wrote:
On 16 May 2014 13:49, Nikolay Elenkov <nick@example.com> wrote:
Easiest is to switch off validation (set to no). DNSSEC is a bit of a hot
mess anyway.

Is that what people do - switch off dnssec?

If the problem is with the servers you are forwarding too, the only
other thing you can do is forward somewhere else (which you did).

If I switched to google dns and the problem stopped, what does that
mean? dnssec was still auto.

Probably that Google's servers were configured properly, unlike NTT's.

This morning I switched back to NTT servers and everything worked.
This afternoon I saw some similar errors, (but not for .jp) and which
didn't appear to stop pages loading (eg. there was an error for
mozilla.org, but I could visit the site)

They probably fixed their problem. What was the mozilla.org error?

If you get an error again, you can compare responses from
different servers with something like:

dig +dnssec +multi jprs.jp @8.8.8.8

or even

dig +dnssec +multi jp. @8.8.8.8