Re: [tlug] What's with this anti-Apple tirade? [was: 2014-05-10 Linux Quiz]

On 12 May 2014 16:07, Raymond Wan <rwan.kyoto@example.com> wrote:
> Considering I had friends who thought that a computer and Microsoft
> Windows was inseparable, I guess both Linux and iOS (Apple) are good
> at showing everyone they have a choice.

What a poor choice they have though. I have a colleague looking for a
new laptop right now and she thinks the choice is Mac or WIndows, and
people aren't happy with windows 8, so she has to buy Mac. Even though
my school has been using Debian on all student computers for about 10
years, she still didn't understand what I meant when I said you can
choose a computer you like and install Linux.
I would hate to be stuck in that situation, but that's the reality for
most people. Its so liberating to be able to install the OS you want.
Why hasn't it caught on?
And why aren't chromebooks available in Japan, does anyone know?
(while on the subject of choice)

Nigel