Re: [tlug] Ubuntu Trusty (14.04) issues

On 2014年05月05日 04:27, Bruno Raoult wrote:
> 2) Gnome terminal would not give a prompt (but lxterminal and xterm did).

I have a suggestion for one of your many issues, and it is a long shot...
 When experimenting with partial installations of GUI environments, I have
run into cases where Gnome-Terminal was not displaying a prompt.  The
issue in my case was that it was automatically selecting black text on a
black background as the color scheme.  I fixed it as follows:

* Right click in the terminal | Profiles | Profile Preferences
* Colors
    * Use colors from system theme: No
    * Built-in schemes: White on black

FWIW, I recommend Debian over Ubuntu. :)

Good luck,

Travis