Re: [tlug] Wifi hotspot access in Tokyo

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 9:51 AM, Raymond Wan <rwan.kyoto@example.com> wrote:

Similarly, if you are a long-term resident and leave Japan and want to
terminate your contract, you have to do that in the city; you cannot
do it in the airport so that you can use the phone "right until you
leave".  The same companies, but apparently, they don't get along?!?

Definitely anedoctal, but that was not my experience. I left Japan one time back in 2010 (I got better :-P), and turned in my softbank phone at Narita, "right before I left".  I don't remember whether I contacted them in advance or not, but it is (was) definitely doable.

Cheers,