Re: [tlug] [OT] Mt.Gox Debacle. Please Comment.

On 2014年02月28日 08:56, Simon Cozens wrote:
fait. Turnbull's the odd one out, how extraordinary!
Don't be so sure. What I see is the Bitcoin enthusiasts tend towards the
libertarian, which makes them hard to evaluate on the traditional left-right
scale - for reasons which would take a long, acrimonious and off-topic
subthread to go into.
+1

The combination of libertarian values, mistrust of authority, and the promise
of technological self-sufficiency tends to attract the hacker ethic types,
which leads in turn to the belief that all social problems can be solved with
the sufficient application of technology.

The results of this are often hilarious.

Well I know a few libertarians but not too many of them that trust technology... Or maybe it is large technology companies would be more accurate. This is a funny twist as most tell me to let the market decide (except monsanto, haliburton....)