Re: [tlug] [OT] Mt.Gox Debacle. Please Comment.

On 02/27/2014 02:25 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Those institutions get the hives looking at national currency
volatility.  Since there's nothing to back Bitcoin except money
laundering and far-right paranoia, it's hard to see a high valuation
as anything but a bubble from the point of view of traditional
financial institutions (Bank of America's "max $15 billion" estimated
valuation notwithstanding -- and 15x10^9 is peanuts to those guys
anyway, unless they can get it all).  The money in credit cards and
withdrawal fees at ATMs is *way* bigger.

If it does take off (the total valuation of Bitcoin reaches $100
billion, I'd guess), yeah, those guys will be all over it.

I genuinely believe there is a niche of good people right there too. Isn't black market alone. Although it'll be forever linked to its "black roots", that's for sure.

And that's one of my outstanding questions right now. Can it survive being niche? 'Cause it'll be niche for quite sometime following this.

Furthermore, I'll be interested to see if Mt.Gox leads to "Satoshi Nakamoto", BitCoin's father so to speak. Their eventual connection.

http://www.coindesk.com/information/who-is-satoshi-nakamoto/

In other words, it's known that "Nakamato" mined quite a sum in the early days. Was this malleability flaw fabricated?

Just my instinct; I do believe BitCoin was indeed "made in Japan".

People here with access to local material in Japanese will learn it first.

Regards, Fernando.

--
                 SCHWARTZ, Fernando G. ~ fgs@example.com /
      suporte@example.com # +55-21-4042-4010 [@GMT-3]