[tlug] Windows Azure in both Saitama and Osaka

I noticed the Azure cloud service has just launched in both East and
West Japan:
  http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/regions/#services

This is the only major cloud provider in Western Japan AFAIK. (Please
correct me!)

Yes, this is Microsoft, so yes, I guess that makes me very brave for
posting it here. ;-) But they offer linux VMs, not just Windows. And the
pricing is competitive with Amazon, Rackspace and the others.

I wish I could give some actual user experience, but when I tried (Sep
2012) I couldn't get through the sign-up process [1]. As the service
still exists, and the boss of this division is now Microsoft CEO, I
assume they ironed out those teething problems. Microsoft take this
business seriously: did I mention Mr. Nadella is the new CEO?

I'd love to hear from someone using Azure for linux VMs, and how it
compares to Amazon or Rackspace for you.

Darren

[1]:
http://darrendev.blogspot.jp/2012/09/microsoft-azure-cloud-hosting-vapourware.html