Re: [tlug] Japan to Tax E-Content

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 11:19 AM, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
> Another reason to hate Abe and the LDP.  By 2015, you'll have to pay
> shouhizei on the content you download from overseas, a move to "protect"
> domestic book retailers. Yeah, sure, I believe that.  There are so many

Maybe the real reason is that the Japanese government is finally
realising how far in the red they are and they need to raise some
funds quickly before the whole country collapses.  Tax anything they
can get their hands on, but in small amounts so that the general
population doesn't panic.

If they really wanted to fix their deficit though an increase on the
consumption tax alone, I wonder how high it would have to be...  :-)

Ray