Re: [tlug] Printers for linux, was: refurbished Thinkpad X60 with Coreboot & Linux

On 24 December 2013 06:08, Kalin KOZHUHAROV <me.kalin@example.com> wrote:
> In that respect, having a good budget, I am looking for a linux-usable
> network color laser printer/MFD that handles A3 and has the "standard"
> finisher options for "stapling", "puncher" and "booklet". I don't care
> so much about PPM and even 600dpm is fine. Any model, available in
> Japan, that you are happy with?

The very best thing would, of course, be if you could try a printer
before you buy it. I don't know about Japan, but salesmen over here
are generally very accommodating if they can expect a sale at the end
of a positive trial. You have to find the right store size, though:
too large and they may not have the time, or "policies" stipulating
that customers must not be aware of what they are buying before buying
it; too small and they may not have the space to unpack a large-ish
printer just to demo it to a customer.