Re: [tlug] linuxdevices for display on a tv

On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 05:54:35PM +0200, Benjamin Tayehanpour wrote:
> On 5 October 2013 11:22, Christian Horn <chorn@example.com> wrote:
> > I recently installed Fedora+XMBC on a Thinkpad x200 with docking
> > station - just to find out that this hardware does not transport
> > audio over the displayport.  Via a displayport->hdmi converter I
> > wanted to connect this to a TV.  Missing audio, this combination
> > will not work out for me.
>
> How far did you troubleshoot before giving up? What're the outputs for
> "lspci -k" and "aplay -l", respectively?

I will not havethe box available for some weeks from now to look at
that.
Besides bios updates I manually loaded all possibly relevant modules,
compared with the Thinkpad T510 where I get HDMI audio, tried out the
available output devices in pulseaudio.
When then reading the reports from others with the same hardware I
stopped investigations.

Christian