Re: [tlug] IBus - Input method off

On 08/28/2013 06:11 PM, Lyle H Saxon wrote:
The problem appears to be that my computer has no input method and/or
IBus isn't recognizing it.....

Lyle

My iBus was set up and installed in Kubuntu 13.04, after a fresh install of the O/S, using the directions you posted many moons ago (the post mentioned a favorite language of Marathi, which I didn't install). Recently, after a kernel upgrade, iBus stopped loading automatically and Keyboard Input Methods didn't start, either. Startup options remain unchanged and I have tried removing and retyping the Startup options without effect.

I manually start both by typing Alt+F2, then typing iBus in the drop down menu. After clicking Keyboard Input Methods I get a working iBus icon ... but, occasionally have to re-start iBus once before it works seamlessly ... except in LibreOffice, but it _does_ work in Open Office. It's on my list of "things I gotta' fix more than now."

--
CL