Re: [tlug] Accessing JB's WWWJDIC Off-Line

Jim Breen writes:
 > On 24 August 2013 17:19, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
 > > Is there a way to install: Jim Breen's "WWWJDIC: Online Japanese
 > > Dictionary Service" so it can be used off-line?

 > Longer answer: Still No.

 > It's not open source,

Is there a fixable reason for that, or is it somebody's policy that
might change when they go bankrupt/die and pass on ownership to their
sucessors?

(Monash is not high on my currently list of lovable software
developers because they charge way too much for me to buy GEMPACK[1],
let alone my students.  Yes, I know, those guys are a quasi-
independent think tank and you probably don't even know them by name.
Still....)

Footnotes:
[1]  You can get a 50% price break if you're from a 3rd world country,
otherwise they make you pay the same as the World Bank or JETRO.