Re: [tlug] Proprietary derivatives of FLOSS and other absurdities [was: Why Hollywood does break foreign films ?]

On 15 August 2013 14:57, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
> You cannot, as far
> as I can tell, grant any sort of freedom to an abstract work, since an
> abstract work contemplates no actions to be restricted or not.

You can grant freedoms pertaining to the interaction with said
abstract work, however. Semantically I guess it's a type of pathetic
fallacy[1], but it's perfectly sane to do so.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathetic_fallacy