Re: [tlug] SMS Paging Providers

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 11:56 PM, Shaun Hughes <shaunphughes@example.com> wrote:

> Howdy TLUG,
>
> Anyone with experience using SMS paging providers for systems notifications.
>
> I am currently aware of http://www.teleme.co.jp
>
> All the best,

I've looked around in the past, but couldn't find much... If you want
to go homebrew style, and you have a SIM card around, this one little
box is made by a person I know back in Italy (they ship worldwide):

http://www.smsfoxbox.it/

Runs Linux and has all sorts of API and whatnot, but it's not cheap.

So, for my my servers notifications, instead, I decided to skip SMS
all together and and went with PushOver: I can receive notifications
on Android and iOS even when I have zero signal, but have wifi (like
my basement). But you need to have a smartphone to receive those.

    Pier