Re: [tlug] Generating Furigana in documents

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 09:34:33PM +0800, Jim Breen wrote:
> "Christian Horn" <chorn@example.com>:
> > I am wondering if there is a convenient way on linux
> > to take i.e. utf8 documents with Kanji as input and
> > get an output document with Furigana.
> > pdf output would also be nice.
>
> If I had to put one together I'd use MeCab with the  Unidict
> lexicon.

Thanks a lot, works great:

$ echo '試しましょう' | mecab -d /usr/lib64/mecab/dic/unidic
試し    タメシ  タメス  試す    動詞-一般       五段-サ行       連用形-一般
ましょう        マショー        マス    ます    助動詞  助動詞-マス     意志推量形
EOS

Seems also like mecab is actively beeing worked on.
In case someone has issues locating the dictionary as I
had first, its this one:
http://sourceforge.jp/projects/unidic/ .

cheers,
Christian