[tlug] Headphone repair

Hi all

Not really a Linux thing but since this is one of the best collections of tech savvy people in Tokyo, I thought I might find some help here. My cherished pair of headphones has recently died on me. This one if you're interested. http://www.amazon.co.jp/オーディオテクニカ-ATH-CKS90NC- audio-technica-アクティブノイズキャン セリングヘッドホン/dp/B003DXBMGM /ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363590309& sr=8-1

It's the usual problem everyone has experienced. They go mute, you fiddle around with the wire and some times you hear something... often in only 1 ear. Does anybody know where in Tokyo I could get these repaired for a reasonable price?

I thought about cutting the short and soldering it back on myself but unfortunately, it's where the wire meets the noise cancelling controls in the middle of the cable. If anybody knows of a good tutorial for replacing the wire near the NC controls (as opposed to replacing the plugin jack), I could take on the quest of fixing them myself. I've never soldered anything before but there's a first time for everything.

Thanks
~Andreas