[tlug] rpmbuild on Mac

Hi all.

I was requested at work to create rpm packages for some code. so I thought - easy. installed rpmbuild on my mac, (using macports) and crashed into a lot of errors.

After a lot of investigation, (google failed me, read rpmbuild's source code) I understood that a lot of macros are missing in my installation. even the basic ones, like __spec_prep_cmd.

Also, it appears to ignore .rpmrc and only read .rpmmacros, and to ignore a certain parameters (such as --buildroot) which is weird.
I mean, he recognize them, (if you miss spell a parameter it crooks) just does not use them.

My latest problem was that the rpm file created with name "(none)", because _build_name_fmt was missing too...

Is there something very wrong that I do that causes all these troubles?

Shmuel.