Re: [tlug] I-O Data USB-ACADP3 Into External Power Into USB Devices Not Designed With Provision For External Power (was External DVD drive: LF-P767C-Panasonic: Power From USB Host or Input Jack)

On Wed, 9 Jan 2013 12:29:48 +0900, Kalin KOZHUHAROV <me.kalin@example.com> wrote:

> As I general precaution for USB power problems (on other peripherals)
> I use miniUSB power injector from I-O data
> http://www.iodata.jp/product/hdd/option/usb-acadp3/

Dang it! More nifty hardware to buy. Twice in one day!

It looks like it uses commodity cables and power supplies with
the only special part being the connector adaptor. That's
smart from a manufacturing standpoint, although probably
irrelevant to customers.

2.0 Amperes is nice and beefy.
Neverminding the 2 amps, I wonder if the injector violates
some USB spec by supplying power to device even when USB host
is not supplying power. Not that such would keep me from
using such practical stuff.